Sunday, November 27, 2011

Why I Decided to Blog?

 The year 2012 will be an eventful one.  After 37 years of teaching, I will retire on June 30.  Thoughts about retirement have been floating around in my head for the last few years.  Many of these thoughts have not been about plans for retirement but about my teaching career over these years.  I wish I could remember all the students I ever had and all the colleagues I ever met, but that task is impossible. 

 Somehow I don't think I can know where I am going until I know where I have been.  So I plan to use these posts to reflect, to plan, to add new ideas on education, and to thank those who have helped me on my journey. 

  I was one the last babies born in the 40s--November 24, 1949 to be exact.  Now educators talk about 21st century skills for students.  I'd like to think I still have some ideas to offer in this converstion.

So--here I go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment